Sharing my faith journey so that we can learn from each other
I am motivated to discern when the spirit of God is talking to me and to have obedience
- Letting go of negative confessions and living in the knowledge of the power the tongue has and therefore to use my tongue to build and not to destroy.
I believe that if I am a child of God, then He is my father and as my own children know my voice even when they are still infants, then I should be able to recognise my father’s voice. I should also delight in pleasing him and doing what he tells me to do because if I truly believe that he has good plans for me (Jeremiah 29 Vs 11), then whatever, he says is for my best interest. I sometimes get challenged in hearing the voice of god. My spirit does not completely yield to Gods spirit. Since I am a spirit, leaving in a body and with a soul, then my whole being should yield to the spirit of God, the same spirit that gave me a breath of life (Romans 15 Vs 16 I am made holy by the holy spirit)
I do not always believe that I am capable of hearing from God. I realise that I do not trust that I am made holy by the Holy Spirit. I just got a revelation that If I do not believe that I can hear from God, then I do not believe in my salvation and that realisation was a wake-up call for me, because I do not intend to be saying I am saved and yet do not believe that I am made holy by the Holy Spirit. I am adopted as a child of God by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8 Vs 14-17.). Galatians 4 Vs 6 -7 and 1 Corinthians 12 Vs 13. Since I am his child, God has sent the spirit of his son into my heart and prompt me to call out ‘Abba father” (Galatians 4 Vs 6).
I am God’s own child. God can not be my shepherd and lead me if I do not hear his voice (Revelation 7 Vs 17).
- I will believe that God is working in me, giving me the desire and power to do what pleases him (Philippians 2 Vs 13).
- I will seek to understand what really matters to enable me to leave purely (Philippians 1 Vs 100.
- I will pray and hold firmly to the word of life
- I will pray for the spirit of discernment and stay in the word so that I know His word and then I will hear when He is talking because He will never tell me anything that is contrary to his word. Psalm 138 Vs 2 – for he magnifies His word above His name. Isaiah 55 Vs 11)
- God is calling me to grow and hearing His word and discerning between what matters is his call for my life (Hebrews 6 Vs 1 and Hebrews 5 Vs 12).
God will always direct me and if I do not discern the answers I get for my prayers I might miss my destiny. I should ask God for the right things and know when He has answered me (Mathew 7 Vs 7).
Just so no one discerns the thoughts of God except the spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2 Vs 10-10), I will meditate on the word of god, so that I know it and obey its commands (Joshua 1 Vs 8-90.
I am challenged in maintaining only worthy confessions and guarding my mouth. Proverbs 13 Vs 3 and Proverbs 21 Vs 23. I have said things to people that I should have rather prayed about and I hurt them in the process (Proverbs 15 Vs 4). With my tongue I have blessed and cursed man, who has been made in the image of God (James 3 Vs 3-110.
I now realise that I have also cancelled my blessings through my tongue. I pray and then confess negatively about the outcome I am expecting.
- I will tame my tongue. I will confess my sins and pray in the spirit for God to help me overcome this weakness (Romans 8 Vs 26-27). The spirit makes intercession for me.
- I will yield to the Holy Spirit to help me control my tongue
- I will meditate on the word of god so that I always confess it. Just like Jesus confessed the word of god when the devil was tempting Him, I will use the word of God when the father of lies, the devil is trying to lie to me.
- I will wait upon wise counsel of the Holy Spirit before I say anything
- I will call the things that are not as though they are (Mark 11 Vs 20-26.